Pharma Marketing News
News & Views for
Responsible Marketers

Messages from Our Sponsors

Pharma Glossary

Pharmaguy's Picks

Pharma Marketing Network Curated Content Forums
The Leading Online Source of Curated Content for Pharmaceutical Marketing Experts
Newsletter | Conferences | Podcasts | Glossary | Surveys | Blog | Advertising Information | Contact Us

"Must Read Blog for Insiders." -- Wall Street Journal
Pharma Marketing News
Current Issue of Pharma Marketing News Available!

Search the Entire Pharma Marketing Forums Site

Go Back   Pharma Marketing Network Curated Content > Community Matters > How Do I...?

How Do I...? Ask questions and get answers about using the forums.

Old 28th January 2007, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Default How is this different than a Blog?

You might be wondering why I started the Pharma Marketing Forums (PMN Forums) discussion board when there is plenty of discussion over at Pharma Marketing Blog (PM Blog). What's the difference anyway?

Here's my stream of consciousness response to that:

1. I think the main difference between PMN Forums and PM Blog is that here, in PMN Forums, any registered member can start up a topic for discussion whereas at PM Blog only I can do that. And that's the way I like it. PM Blog is my publishing platform and not a community. Of course, I could open up PM Blog so that other people can also post to it, but I choose not to do that because PM Blog is my brand and my voice. On the other hand, I hope that PMN Forums becomes the voice of an online community of pharma marketing experts who grow to know and trust one another.

2. The community aspect of PMN Forums is another feature that distinguishes it from PM Blog, which is not a community at all. Here, registered members can establish a profile -- eg, include information about their qualifications, interests, etc. -- and can still reamin anonymous. For example, on PMN Forums you can create a username like "webguru" so that whenever you make a posting, readers will recognize it as coming from the same person. People can see all the posts that "webguru" has made and even rate those posts. Eventually "webguru" will generate a reputation that either attracts readers or repels them! Obviously, we all like to be recognized by our peers rather than repeled, even if we remain anonymous. However, think of the networking possibilities should you supply your real name and contact information. BTW, you can register under an alias AND under your real name. That way, you can be anonymous or yourself whenever it is appropriate.

3. Networking is another advantage that PMN Forums has over PM Blog. Registered members can have buddy lists comprised of other members and be able to instant message with them while signed on. There are other networking features of PMN Forums that I am just beginning to learn about.

Let's see... what else?

4. Oh yes! On PMN Forums you can "subscribe" to a forum so that whenever a new thread is posted, you will be notified by email. You are in complete control of this. This way, you an keep up with topics that are of most interest to you. At PM Blog you can also subscribe to the feed, but you are notified whenever any new topic is posted whether it's of interest to you or not.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. I hope I have convinced you that PMN Forums has distinct benefits that you cannot get at PM Blog. If I think of more, I will update this thread.
Old 8th September 2008, 12:39 PM

Arrow google技术的真正含义

什么是真正的google技术(google技术的真正含义)网站优化 ? 根据网络营销管理顾问的研究,google技术就是通过对网站功能、网站结构、网页布局、网站内容等要 素的合理设计,google优化 使得网站内容和功能表现形式达到对用户友好并易于宣传推广的最佳效果,google优化技术充分发挥网站的网络营销价值。google技术设计的含义具体表现在三个方面:对用户google技术 、对网络环境(等)google技术,以及对网站运营维护的google技术。(1)对用户googl e技术:经过网站的google技术设计,用户可以方便地浏览网站的信息、使用google技术的服务 。具体表现是:以用户需求为导向,网站导航方便,google排名 网页下载速度尽可能快,北京google排名网页布局合理并且适合保存、打印、转发,网站信息丰富、有效,有助于用户产生信任。
Old 13th September 2010, 07:36 PM
pokemont17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmnadmin View Post
You might be wondering why I started the Pharma Marketing Forums (PMN Forums) discussion board when there is plenty of discussion over at Pharma Marketing Blog (PM Blog). What's the difference anyway?

1. I think the main difference between PMN Forums and PM Blog is that here, in PMN Forums, any registered member can start up a topic for discussion whereas at PM Blog only I can do that. And that's the way I like it. PM Blog is my publishing platform and not a community. Of course, I could open up PM Blog so that other people can also post to it, but I choose not to do that because PM Blog is my brand and my voice. On the other hand, I hope that PMN Forums becomes the voice of an online community of pharma marketing experts who grow to know and trust one another.

2. The community aspect of PMN Forums is another feature that distinguishes it from PM Blog, which is not a community at all. Here, registered members can establish a profile -- eg, include information about their qualifications, interests, etc. -- and can still reamin anonymous. For example, on PMN Forums you can create a username like "webguru" so that whenever you make a posting, readers will recognize it as coming from the same person. People can see all the posts that "webguru" has made and even rate those posts. Eventually "webguru" will generate a reputation that either attracts readers or repels them! Obviously, we all like to be recognized by our peers rather than repeled, even if we remain anonymous. However, think of the networking possibilities should you supply your real name and contact information. BTW, you can register under an alias AND under your real name. That way, you can be anonymous or yourself whenever it is appropriate.

3. Networking is another advantage that PMN Forums has over PM Blog. Registered members can have buddy lists comprised of other members and be able to instant message with them while signed on. There are other networking features of PMN Forums that I am just beginning to learn about.

Let's see... what else?

4. Oh yes! On PMN Forums you can "subscribe" to a forum so that whenever a new thread is posted, you will be notified by email. You are in complete control of this. This way, you an keep up with topics that are of most interest to you. At PM Blog you can also subscribe to the feed, but you are notified whenever any new topic is posted whether it's of interest to you or not.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. I hope I have convinced you that PMN Forums has distinct benefits that you cannot get at PM Blog. If I think of more, I will update this thread.
I also think so.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmnadmin View Post

Let's see... what else?

Well mentioned and really informative.
Old 24th October 2011, 03:44 AM
cliffnelson

Their are the two different things, And both are important factors for communication.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: